Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm back in the game

Yep, AF arrived after a nice, short 28 day cycle--the shortest I have had since the first month or two off BCP. I'm giving that credit to the acupuncture because I didn't do anything else differently this month. It was nice to have some time away from TTC--I think I needed the mental and emotional break. If I had to deal with TTC and losing my dog at the same time, I'm pretty sure I'd be sitting in a nice padded room somewhere.

So, I went in yesterday for my ultrasound and blood work. My ovaries had no cysts (yay!) so the nurse called in the prescriptions for me. I talked them out of doing Femara since I haven't responded well to it. We are going with a strictly injectable cycle this time--Menopur and Ganirelix. I'm hoping a new protocol will give me a better response and more than one follicle. They did see a shadow that they think might be my fibroid re-growing, so I have to go in for another SSH on Wednesday. I'm hoping it's nothing that will stop us from moving forward, and I really hope I don't need another surgery.

One minor little problem--my mother is arriving Monday for 5 days. She knows nothing about our efforts to TTC, nor do I really want her finding out yet. I've already laid the groundwork for where I have to go--I have a dentist appt Monday morning that will just turn out to take a long time (I'll be going for my monitoring u/s before the dentist, so she can just think it's a really long dentist appt). I told her that I'm doing a follow-up with the surgeon who removed my fibroid in August, which is somewhat true. She just doesn't need to know that he's an RE and why the fibroid would be such a problem.

I'm really just not ready for her to know yet. My sister is a fertile myrtle (two planned, two "oops" babies) so our family hasn't had to deal with this before. I'm pretty sure the monthly "so, are you pg yet?" queries will drive me insane. It's disappointing enough for me and DH, but to get it from the whole family might be more than I can handle. I've cleaned my desk of all business cards, needles, sharps containers, etc., so that she won't find out while she's playing her online games and maybe digging for a pen and paper. I've even gone so far as to set up a "guest" profile on my computer so that she can't see my browsing history, blog, posts on message boards, etc. If the info comes out, I won't lie to her and I'll tell her the whole story. But I would really like to avoid that a little bit longer. I'll be happy to tell her the whole deal once we are finally pg.

No comments: