Well, I did it. I've taken the first tentative steps on my plan to get healthy this summer. After spending lots of time at the bookstore perusing the diet section, I finally settled on a book that will help me with my eating habits. I chose the Eat-Clean Diet as a way of incorporating more healthy foods and not just substituting low-fat/sugar-free/low-carb/etc processed food for my regular junk food. The idea behind the plan is very simple really--eat protein, complex carb, and fruit/veggie mini-meals every three hours. Implementation will be significantly tougher for me as I am a very picky eater. I was definitely raised on a typical Midwestern, meat-and-potatoes, clean-your-plate-because-there-are-starving-children-in-Africa diet. And throw in a little Italian-grandmother-just-one-more-scoop-of-everything. Of course, that is how I got this heavy in the first place. So, this plan will be a big shock to my system--no high fructose corn syrup, lots of fresh veggies, small portions. I sure hope I can handle it! If I can learn to eat this way now, I think it will serve me very well when I finally do get pregnant this fall.
Oh, and speaking of first steps, I also took my dog for a walk around the neighborhood tonight. Our subdivision is one big loop, about a mile and a half around the loop. I did one loop with him and I definitely sweat more than I should have for how slow we were walking, but hey, I did it. It was a beautiful night for it, too. I think we're going to start making a habit of doing that at least a few times a week. It will be good for both of us. Who knows, maybe we'll even convince DH to come along when he's home?
Consumption 20
1 day ago



2 comments:
Yay! I LOVE it!! I tried commenting to you this weekend but had trouble doing so via my handheld device... anyway, wanted to let you know that you've inspired me to get on it too - I've officially called my plan Operation: Get My Body Back :)
I'm up early this morning and planning to run and then do bikram yoga tonight. The lbs crept back on this past cycle, along with a wedding this weekend, so I've taken a few steps backwards, but that's ok. Back at 'em! I'm hoping to stick to the protein-veggies-fruit-whole grains every 3 hours too & will be difficult. Let's support each other!
Hey - good for you. I absolutely empathize on the diet issues - how many times a week were we at Taco Bell? And walking - bonus for the dog!
Post a Comment