Temporarily, at least.
Our trip to Vegas was lots of fun. It was way too hot outside to do much, so we did lots of sleeping in (well, I did anyway--DH went down to the pool), eating yummy food, saw some fun shows, and even won a little money on the slot machines. All in all, a great short trip to re-connect and relax. This guy is one of the shows that we saw--he's very talented and the show was lots of fun.
Miraculously, I didn't gain any weight in Vegas! Neither of us tried at all to follow our diet, nor did we exercise at all (unless you count, ahem, re-connecting). We hit a couple yummy buffets, had dessert at least daily, and still came home at the same weight. In fact, I somehow managed to lose the 0.4 pounds I gained in my depressed week or so before we left. I'm not sure how this all happened, but I'm not going to question. I need to get back on track if I'm going to make my weight goal for the summer, though.
Now it's back to the usual grind. We got home from Vegas last Friday morning, and I went back to work on Friday night. Friday and Saturday were crazy busy at work, so I didn't get much of a chance to think about how stinking tired I was. Sunday night started off a bit crazy, but slowed down nicely after midnight.
Oh yeah, another co-worker announced her pregnancy on Sunday night. She was so very nice and came out front (I was in triage) to tell me individually that she is pregnant. She was very sensitive to the fact that it might not be easy news for me to hear, and I love her for that. I am truly happy for her (albeit a little jealous) and I know she will be a great mom. She's 13 weeks pregnant and due in January. That makes 7 people (5 nurses, 1 doctor, 1 housekeeper) with whom I work on a regular basis who are pregnant. Ugh! I would say there's something in the water around there, but I've been drinking the same water for almost 2 years with no luck. On the bright side, these things seem to come in multiples of 3, so there's room for me to join in soon.
Consumption 20
1 day ago



No comments:
Post a Comment