First of all, I wanted to send some love to Michelle. She just had her IVF cycle cancelled for a lack of response and she is doing her best to cope. My heart just breaks for her, so head on over and give her some support as she tries to figure out where to go from here.
After a nice slow night at work, it was time to head into the RE office for progress check #2. I got to my usual office a little early and was greeted by the friendly staff and taken almost immediately to get my blood drawn. I had to wait just a couple minutes for the u/s tech to be ready for me. She found 14 follicles again, and then did some measurements of my uterine blood flow. She said they are seeing a big correlation between uterine artery blood flow and the ability to get pregnant and carry to term. She said both arteries showed good flow, so I was happy to hear that. She offered to have me meet with the office nurse or just head home and they would call me later. I opted for leaving and heading home to my bed as I was getting pretty tired.
I came home and napped for a few hours and then had my acupuncture appointment this afternoon. As I pulled into the parking space, the IVF nurse called with my results. My E2 was 529, up from 212 on Saturday. They measured 14 follies, finding 4 that were 14-17mm and 10 smaller ones. So, I'm to keep my Menopur and Gonal-F doses the same for tonight and tomorrow, plus add the Ganirelix to prevent premature ovulation and hopefully allow the small follies to catch up. She is thinking that we will likely trigger Wednesday or Thursday for ER on Friday or Saturday morning. She thinks we should be able to get at least 5 of the smaller follies matured by then, aiming for 9 or 10 at ER.
I let DH know that he might be cutting this week's trip short to be home for Friday morning's ER. He has been wonderful and has said he will come home whenever I need him to. He also bought me a "pre-bedrest" present over the weekend. He bought a bigger TV for the living room, allowing him to move the smaller one into the bedroom for when I'm stuck in bed post-transfer. I'm pretty sure it was just an excuse to buy a new bigger TV, but I love him for getting it all done so that I can be comfortable when I'm stuck in bed. Aren't I a lucky girl?
Consumption 20
1 day ago



3 comments:
Good progress, you are getting very close. Your hubs is very good to you. Sending you fertile thoughts!
That was nice of you husband! Good luck!
ICLW
Keep up the good work! :)
ICLW #49
Post a Comment