I had my hubby help with my Menopur shot this morning. He has offered to help me when he's home which I think is very sweet. But I mean, I'm a nurse, I should be able to do this for myself, right? It would have been a little bit of a challenge to do the shot left-handed (hey, I'm not a contortionist who can reach my left butt cheek accurately with my right hand) so I let him do it. It was his first one and I think he did great. The needle didn't hurt at all--just the sting from the meds.
I called the IVF nurse line today because it seems as though AF has arrived. I kind of suspected she would since I started spotting Monday (last BCP on 9/17) but I was worried that I was starting full flow after starting stims. She said not to worry about it and it will probably be short since my lining was nice and thin at my suppression check Tuesday. She also gave me the results of my blood tests from last week's physical. My blood sugar was a little high, but they never told me to fast so I had breakfast on the way down to the office. My vitamin D level was quite low, though, so they are calling in a prescription for a once-weekly mega-dose vitamin D pill. I guess my calcium + D supplement wasn't enough! I probably I need to get outside more, too.
Tonight I will have to do my first in-a-public-place injection. We are meeting one of DH's co-workers and his family for dinner. I have my little packet made with everything I need to do the shot. I've also planned my outfit so that I can quickly get to my upper arm in the bathroom of the restaurant. I'm not too worried, but it will be a bit awkward to have to get up from the table saying, "excuse me, but I have to go shoot up some hormones now." I know DH has told him about our IF but I don't know how much they know in terms of details. Wish me luck!
Consumption 20
1 day ago



6 comments:
Good luck with your stims!!!
DH is the medical field and will be giving me all my shots!
I was lucky enough with IVF #1 not to have to do any shots publicly, but that is going to change for this IVF cycle
Good Luck
ICLW #100
good luck...!
i always knew people shoot up in toilets..but i never ever thought about someone giving themselves hormone shots for IVF in the toilets...i'm sure next time i'm in a restaurant toilet i will wonder if it's been used in that way before... :)
Good luck with your stims! The things we do...isn't it romantic to "shoot up" in a bathroom stall? (note sarcasm)
Good luck this cycle!
ICLW
Good luck last night! Sorry, I'm a little late...hope it all went smoothly, as I'm sure it did. Right hand, left cheek--what is this, Twister?? That would be seriously impressive. Hope everything goes beautifully and that this one is your baby. Thanks for your comment!
- lady pumpkin
ICLW #26
Good luck with your public shot!
I still can't psych myself up enough to do the shot - so far I haven't had to, my husbands been around all week. I suppose if the time comes I will just do it!
ICLW #75
Can you tell them you just have a desperate need to pee? I've done a few OPKs in public restrooms, but I think shooting up would be a little harder to manage. Especially if the bathroom has stalls! Good luck!
Post a Comment