Wow, I just realized that today starts ICLW and I haven't written a single post all year. Holy crap! Can you say slacker?
The year is starting off pretty well. I'm finally starting to shake the cold that I got at the beginning of the year. Yeah for no more coughing!
I've stuck to my commitment to 100 consecutive days of exercise. I was very frustrated after the first two weeks since I lost a combined 1.6 pounds in those two weeks. It didn't help that DH lost almost 7 in the same time frame--men! When I looked at it, though, I realized that I was still eating crap despite professing my desire to shed some poundage. So, I started back on my eating plan that I used last summer when I lost some weight before IVF. I stuck to it pretty faithfully and lost 3 pounds this week. DH just got home after being gone all week, so the diet will go out the window for a nice dinner out tonight.
We are still on a treatment break to let my uterus heal from the myomectomy in December. I haven't seen AF since November, but I'm hesitant to request her presence just yet. I've been doing the calculations and, if I call the RE office now, they'll put me on prometrium to bring her visit. So, if I start that now, take it for 10 days, then get AF a couple days after that, I'll be getting her visit around the end of the month. Which would likely mean that I could expect her again at the end of next month and I definitely don't want her around then. See, DH and I have booked our lovely anniversary trip to Mexico for the end of next month and AF would kind of kill the vibe, if ya know what I mean. So, I'm going to wait until next week (or maybe the next one) to call the office and get the process started.
I find it a little sad, actually, that I don't even have the slightest bit of hope for my missed period to mean a pregnancy. Most normal (aka fertile) women would have peed on at least one stick by now, but I haven't even seriously considered doing that. I guess it's just another sign that this has become so ingrained in my brain that I can't even imagine a missed period meaning anything other than my body being screwed up again. How sad is that!
ETA: It looks like I'm going to have to POAS anyway. I was exposed to meningitis last weekend at work, and the infectious disease doc wants to put those of us exposed on a short course of prophylactic antibiotics. Since the meds they generally use are not safe for pregnancy, I need to make sure that I'm not pg before I can take the meds. I'm pretty darn sure I'm not and it's just the surgery that screwed with my cycle, but I would be devastated to find out later that I was and that the meds caused problems. So, I will be POAS tomorrow before I get the meds, just to be sure.
Consumption 20
1 day ago



23 comments:
I don't know how you can stand it! I'd be peeing on something right now, but I am a POAS addict.
Hang in there.
ICLW
Just dropping by from ICLW to send some love! Wishing you the best this week, and on your journey!
good luck girl! whatever the result just know you are in my thoughts!
It's good to hear an update from you.
Sorry that you're forced to POAS. I hope that everything works well so that you don't have AF on your vacation!
Good luck! And have fun in Mexico!
i would have done the same thing..... POAS leads to bad things for me.... I am a fan of the Beta!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Happy ICLW!
I know you feel, I don't have PCOS but I haven't had a period in 52 days and I think my body has just lost it, good luck :)
Good luck POAS. I hope that whatever happens, the timing works nicely for the trip to Mexico. That part sounds awesome!
Congrats on the weight loss! I am trying to lose weight too!
Yahooo for Mexico! Have an awesome time!!
Here's a hug from ICLW! I am from Chicago suburbia and I bet that Colorado is a LOT prettier!!! The MIA period is one of the meanest things that IF can do to us, in my opinion. HPTs are also cruel little buggers until that BFP - I hope that yours comes sooner rather than later. Good luck!
Happy New Year and ICLW at the same time. :-) Is it screwed up that instead of POAS I automatically think my body is acting up again, too? Haha...glad I'm not the only one. Have a great time in Mexico!
Oh i think i would be poas right now. all the best
ICLW#51
One of the great things about ICLW is that even if you haven't blogged for awhile or you don't sign up every month, you will always be welcomed back with warmth.
I admire your commitment for 100 consecutive days of exercise, but know that there is no way I could do that. I am the opposite...doing the eating plan, forgetting the exercise and trying to fit in some walking. It's not enough, I know, but I have lost 6 pounds in the past 3 weeks. We have just bought a Wii with Wii Dance 2, which I am hoping to do for 15 - 20 minutes a day while the kids are at school.
I understand about wanting to fit your fertility schedule around your real life, rather than the other way around. If nothing else, it gives you a sense of control, which is really important when going through the ups and downs of fertility treatment. Have a good time in Mexico and get back on track afterward. Best of luck.
Lisa (ICLW #21 - Your Great Life)
I'm pretty sure I've visited your blog before. :) I had a myomectomy this summer. I also was trying to lose weight. I found that, though I definitely got stronger and in better shape, I didn't lose any weight until I started counting calories. I used fitday.com, and while I wouldn't say I "dieted" I definitely became more aware of what I was putting in my mouth. I was able to lose ten pounds! Then I fell off the work-out wagon, so I didn't lose any more... but I was pleased with my success. :)
ICLW
Stopping by for ICLW after seeing you on my blog. Thanks for your comment.
Sorry you had to poas. sometimes it just feels like punishment. Best Wishes for healing, timing, treatments!
You're a lot stronger than I am! I've had many thoughts of "I know I'm not" before I POAS anyways.
Have fun in Mexico!
ICLW #192
Good to hear from you! It kind of sucks that you have to POAS just to make sure, because even though you're not expecting anything, I know it's annoying to have to see that negative again. I hope you survived it well.
Hi, I'm here for ICLW! My mom had meningitis two years ago and it was so scary - hope you're doing fine! Best of luck to you on your journey! -ICLW #85
I just gave you an award!
Stop on over and pick it up =0)
tryingtomake3{dot}blogspot{dot}com
Wow! What an incredible goal...100 days of exercise? I don't think I could do that! Sorry about the meningitis exposure.
ICLW #134
You know...I hate it when Dr's make you POAS...It just makes it feel ten times worse when you feel like it will be a bfn! I would hold out too for the prometrium, if it were me.
Happy ICLW from a first timer!
Good job on the diet and exercise! That is a huge commitment.. don't put too much pressure on yourself! If you fall off the wagon just pick yourself back up and start again!
Here from ICLW, and I'm envious of your weight-loss progress. It is not easy! I started off the year trying to lose weight, and I haven't totally given up yet. But I'm not really making any progress, and I keep cheating on my diet. Good for you for making it work! It can be really nice to have something positive going on in your life.
Post a Comment