Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why not?

I had my first appointment with the acupuncturist today. My RE office recommends acupuncture to their IVF patients and, even though we aren't at that point yet, I figured it couldn't hurt. I'm not sure how much I really believe in it (the nurse in me trusts Western medicine too much, I think) but I'm willing to give it a try. After filling out a few pages of medical history, I met with Rachel and I really liked her. She asked lots of questions, not only about my IF history, but about everything else as well. She's treated quite a few patients from my RE's office (odd, since they're nowhere near each other) and says she likes the doctor and the office staff. I guess that's a good thing to have them working together. After placing needles in my chest, knees, feet, and head, I had to lay there for about 20 minutes. She said that I would probably get nice and relaxed and maybe even fall asleep. I couldn't get my mind to quiet down enough to really relax, though--I guess I've been playing too much sudoku on my days off since I was seeing 9x9 grids behind my eyelids. When the time was up, she came back in to remove the needles and she gave me some information on dietary changes that I should make. I know my diet is generally horrible, so I need to change something. I guess I will be heading to Whole Paycheck tomorrow to stock up on healthier things.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

Hey lady, stopping by from LFCA, welcome to the IF blogosphere:) I also tried acupuncture before going through IVF, I found it to be really relaxing. Best of luck to you:)

Courtney said...

Hi,

From one fertility-challenged Courtney to another, hello and good luck!