Friday, September 10, 2010

Back on schedule

Well, the bleeding has slowed down to just spotting again. When I talked to the IVF nurse yesterday, she said that if it became full flow AF again, we would consider it CD1 and just move forward with the cycle. I would need to come in on CD2 for u/s and blood work, start Lupron on CD2, stims on CD3. Um, hello? I haven't even had my consultation yet! I don't know what my med schedule is yet! This isn't supposed to happen out of order like this! Can you tell my control freak side isn't handling this well?

The nurse went ahead and called in all my meds to the pharmacy so that I could have them this weekend in case I needed to start. They called me yesterday with the list of like 13 meds that were ordered. Thank goodness for great insurance that will cover all of this without a co-pay!

And have I mentioned how much I love my DH lately? When I thought that I was going to have to start all this over the weekend (and I still might), I arranged for Saturday delivery of my meds. Someone has to be available to sign for the truckload of stuff and, while I will technically be home, I will be sleeping all day in between work shifts. I totally forgot that he had plans with a friend for Saturday morning. He immediately offered to cancel his plans with his friend, or at least delay them until the meds show up. (his friend will totally understand--they know about all of this and they had to deal with IF prior to having their son) I told him that I could sleep on the couch to wait for the meds so that he could go do his guy thing. "No way", he said, "if you have to give yourself a thousand shots over the next few weeks, the least I can do is stay home to get the meds." Isn't he wonderful? (hi honey! *mwah*)

1 comment:

Ceejay said...

Aw, what a sweetie. You sound like you're in a good place with all this, even though things aren't progressing entirely according to plan.