Monday, March 21, 2011

And then there were 3

(Welcome ICLW'ers! You can find all the sordid details of our adventure in the "Our TTC Story" tab)

Out of the 4 eggs we had that fertilized, three are still dividing normally. The embryologist said this morning (day 3) that they are looking "real good"--yes, he is a Southern boy. He says they are all grade 1, 8-cell embryos today. The fourth one divided but is still only 3 cells and probably will not continue to progress. I won't hear any more news tomorrow--they will call me on Wednesday to let me know if any made it to blast and if they were able to biopsy them for genetic screening.

So, I'm going to bed this morning (after a very long night at work--computers down for last 8 hours of my shift--argh!) with more hope in this cycle than I've had for at least a week. I know what an evil, double-edged sword it can be, but I find myself feeling a little hopeful anyway. Shit, I hate this IF roller coaster!!!

16 comments:

Tippy said...

Stopping over from ICLW from #63 & #153. And I'm back to cheer on your 3 embryos! Hoping they make it to day 5 for PGD! I'm glad some hope is back for you. Hugs. I hate this rollercoaster too. It blows. ~ Tippy/Kathleen

Aub said...

Good luck with your three embabies. We're doing an IVF cycle, too and I know how much you look forward to those updates!! GL at your transfer and FXed for your BFP!!

ICLW 149

Arwhen said...

Don't give up on that little bit of hope! It all sounds real good indeed. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and wishing you all the good luck in the world!

Christa said...

Good luck with your 3 embies! I only had one embryo get to the 8-cell stage on day 3, and I got about 40 eggs between my two cycles so you're doing great!!!

ICLW #136

Emmy said...

I hope 3 is your lucky number. Thinking about you and hoping tthose 3 stay perfect.

Jenni said...

I think, that 3 of 4 is a great sign. You've got strong ones growing out there. I've got my fingers crossed for more good news.

Nink said...

Keep on hoping! I know I am! :)

First and Only said...

Keep hope alive. All it takes is one, it sounds trite but it's true. I had 6 mature eggs, but only 2 made it to transfer. I was devastated at the time though too. Thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts.

Tracy said...

Never give up hope! I had 6 mature eggs, one made it to transfer and our baby is now 14 months.

You and your embies are in my thoughts, I will be back to check on you! :)

My Hopeful Journey said...

There is nothing wrong with a little bit of hope to get you through!!! Thanks for visiting My Hopeful Journey.. please visit often. We have exciting things to come for the IF community!!!

Michele said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog (ICLW 148).

Hope your little embies continue to grow.

I too grew up in the suburbs of Chicago but now live in rural New Mexico.

hopeisafourletterword said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and sorry you are stuck on this stupid IF rollercoaster too. I'm even more sorry that your computers were down for 8 hours last night, nothing is worse than having to paper chart!

A m a n d a said...

I'm glad to hear you've got 3 healthy embies after all your hard work...and hopefully that fourth one will kick it up a notch!

I look forward to following you, and see how this turns out! Best of luck :)

Jen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm wishing you tons of luck on this awful roller coaster. (can somebody stop the ride? I want to get off!)

Ceejay said...

That's fantastic news! Yay for new hope in this cycle!

Ruby said...

Many hugs and prayers Cortney!