Not good. It's gonna take more than a miracle at this point.
Of the 13 eggs retrieved yesterday, only 7 were mature. All of the eggs looked abnormal--not dark and grainy like last time, but abnormally-shaped. She said that she couldn't explain it, but that they didn't look normal. Of the 7 mature eggs, only 4 fertilized normally. She said it's possible that the other 3 fertilized late so she will continue to watch them overnight. She will attempt to grow the other 4 until Wednesday, when any blasts will be biopsied and cells sent off for genetic screening. Of course, that all depends on any of them making it to blast stage.
To say I'm devastated is an understatement. I can't believe this is happening again. This was definitely our last shot and we seem to have failed even more than last time. I did everything they told me to do--exercise, eat healthier, take DHEA and other supplements, etc. And yet, the results were even worse than last time. WTF?!?!?!?
Consumption 20
1 day ago



14 comments:
hi cortney! thanks for wanting to follow me in my new space: tippyandtidy.blogspot.com. thank you for your sweet comments. secondly, and more importantly, i have been exactly where you are... coming out of ER and getting a crappy report from the doctor telling me my eggs suck. ugh! i'm really sorry. but i'll be rooting for you that those 4 embryos make it and i'll be here to support you through your 2ww. gosh i hate IVF and Infertility sometimes, huh? oh and curious about yoru chicago roots. i grew up in the western burbs myself! come find me in my new home and we can chat more. hugs
So sorry to hear that you got a crappy fert report. After a few failed cycles myself I started thinking that all that hype about taking vitamins, cutting out caffeing, etc was all just a bunch of bull. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your embies make it to transfer day!
I'm sorry that you didn't get better news today, Courtney. I will be thinking about you and your little embies as they grow.
Your fert report sounds right now almost exactly like mine was. I know it's hard to hear! My question is why you need them to get to blast, we transferred on day 3 with a 8-cell and had positive results. I know every case is different but I'll be thinking about you and hoping for the best!!
Oh No, I am sorry, but you never know. Don't hate me for saying that, I just can't help to try and keep some hope alive, ya know. My thoughts are with you.
Cortney I'm so sorry! I don't think this is something you really have control over, unfortunately. You know you did your best to be healthy but it's sort of out of your hands!
However, I agree with the other ladies that you still have a great chance this cycle--I will be hoping my hardest that things develop well over the next couple of days.
(((HUGS)))
Thanks for stopping by to say hi on my blog. I'm really sorry to hear your recent news. I'm still holding on to hope for you and wishing for the best!
That sucks. But, you're not totally our of the running. I think that making all of those changes, and doing everything we can is to give ourselves the illusion of control, and that overall it probably helps our stress levels more than it helps anything else. At the same time I am so disappointed for you, I was hoping for good news.
I'm so sorry Cortney, I really hope the four that did fertilise normally continue to thrive and surprise you. (((BIG HUG))) Thinking of you. xox
I'm so sorry. I hope you get better news in a few days.
Cortney. So sad for you. It's really unfair. I hope that the late-growers take off wonderfully. We should go tell them to get with it!
Prayers for you.
Joey
http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com
Remember, it only takes one. That is what I keep reminding myself when I get in a rut. Just one little egg. I hope when you wake up today you get good news that you have one great egg to transfer. Good luck!
I'm so sorry, Cortney. Of course you're not out of the running yet on this one, but I know you must be so frustrated. I'm hoping those little embies grow!
Post a Comment