How bizarre this week has been! It all started with AF only lasting about 2 days, and being lighter than usual too. As if all the crazy symptoms in the 2ww aren't enough to drive you crazy, I was pretty convinced I was going to be one of those pg women who bleeds all the time. Nope, tests are still coming back BFN (and trust me, I've used enough of them to know). Plus, I started with a lovely UTI on the same day as AF arrived. Not wanting to submit to a catheter at the urgent care, I called in a favor from a prescription-capable friend and started on antibiotics. (I'm not sure where the UTI came from, since we definitely weren't "practicing" while I was using the nasty progesterone suppositories--eeewwwww!)

Then, over the weekend, my big dog decided he didn't want to eat breakfast anymore. He's an 8-year-old Mastiff, so of course, my mind went to the worst possible cause and the decision I knew I was going to have to make. Then, last night, he wouldn't eat his dinner either. Lots and lots of crying ensued, just knowing I would be losing my gentle giant all too soon. My loving husband, ever the rational one, decided that since he still would voraciously take a treat, he must just not like his food. He ran to the nearby grocery and paid a ridiculous amount for ground beef, a can of Alpo, and a small bag of Kibbles N Bits. Well, the stinking dog inhaled the bowl of Kibbles N Bits (faster than I can type "Kibbles N Bits") and the boiled beef/rice combo my husband gave him. He wolfed down a bowl of it at breakfast this morning too! I guess he just decided he didn't like his healthier, more expensive Iams food and just wants the cheap crap.
All I can say is that I'm glad we are going on vacation next week--I could use the break! Look for us at the Tonight Show, Ellen and Chelsea Lately!
1 comment:
Whew--I'm glad your dog's okay. That would suck on top of everything else. Also, my husband and I do still get some "practicing" in while I'm on the progesterone supps, but maybe you're inserting them multiple times a day. But I put mine in in the morning and all the ick is gone by midday, so we're good to go by the evening :).
Post a Comment