Friday, September 24, 2010

Stims Day 3

Day 3 injections are done and I'm still not having any major side effects (knock on wood). I'm anticipating the emotional crazies starting next week when DH is out of town. I don't normally deal all that well with his absence, but I'm sure the meds will just make it that much worse. I'm going to try to plan things to stay busy so that I'm not just sitting around the house.

I have my first progress check in the morning when I get off work. I'm kind of worried that nothing will be growing yet since it's only been 3 days of stims. I'm actually even more worried that I will have one dominant follicle again and that the cycle will be cancelled if we can't get the others to catch up. It's been a repeating pattern with my IUI's, so I'm just so afraid of it happening again. All I can do at this point is just try to relax and let my body do its job to grow some good follies. I used my meditations twice today just to try to calm down.

Oh yeah, and my request for FMLA got screwed up, of course. Apparently the RE office put down that I will be incapacitated from 10/2 until 10/11, so they are automatically counting those days against my leave. I was really wanting an intermittent leave so that I could take what days I need, but hoping not to need the full 2 weeks. So, now I have to go back and have the RE office fill out a new form and get that submitted before it's time for ER.

And you wonder why I'm anxious? Maybe they will prescribe some good drugs so I can sleep for the next week straight!

4 comments:

Emmy said...

I'm glad the stims aren't being too hard on you so far! I totally had the same worries that I had nothing growing for my first check. I hope that you get some great news and hear that your body is doing great things!

Hillary said...

Glad you're doing well with the stims! For what it's worth I never really had any side effects, so hopefully you'll get lucky like me. :) I hope this IVF is successful for you!

ICLW

Gurlee said...

Great, so far so good. Excellent to hear you are not having any side effects.
You can do this, trust me. Going it alone is not so bad. Just be extra good to yourself. Thinking of you.

Ceejay said...

I always have emotional troubles when my husband is gone, even if there's nothing to be troubled about. So I totally relate to your dread! I hope the week goes by really quickly--and you have some nice friends who can keep you from going insane!