Remember all that hope I had the other day--gone!
We went in yesterday for our ET and the embryologist told us that 7 of the 8 embies were still growing. The biggest one had made it to blast, but it wasn't great (not as many cells as she would like to see around the outside). There was another smaller one that she said was actually better quality, but just smaller. So those were the two we opted to put back in. She said that she would let the other 5 grow one more day and then freeze any that were still viable. She would call me this morning to let me know how many were heading to the deep freeze.
Transfer went OK--it was the other doc in the practice that did it and he went too far, I think, so it hurt. The u/s tech couldn't get as good a picture as my favorite tech usually does. But, he eventually got the embryos in and I laid there for 10 minutes (seems short to me) before getting up to head home. DH drove me up to acupuncture and then I came home to spend the evening on the couch while DH prepared some meals for me. I've got a couple days worth of stuff to eat that I can just quickly heat up and get back to relaxing.
So, this morning the phone rang around 8:30 and it was the RE office. I thought, great, she's going to tell me that I've got 5 tot-sicles. Nope--though all of them grew a bit overnight, none of them had enough cells to meet their freezing criteria. So, I've gone from 8 perfect embies on Sunday to 2 decent ones transferred with nothing as a back-up.
To say I'm crushed would be an understatement. I'm devastated. That dark part of me that had been hushed by hope is starting to rear its ugly head. My pessimistic nature is coming out and I'm not strong enough to fight it right now. I try to tell myself that I have to stay positive for the two little ones already inside, but I'm not being very convincing.
I think I'm going to head back to bed and try to sleep--maybe when I wake up, it will have been a bad dream!
Consumption 20
1 day ago



13 comments:
I had almost forgotten what a terrible roller coaster of emotions going through these treaments is. I had people telling me to stay positive all night last night and as hard as it is I am going to try, I suppose that's all I can do. I am sure you will be able to as well. Thanks for your post on my blog - I'm rooting for you too.
I'm sorry. That just blows.
I hope when you wake up your feeling better. I'm thinking of you and the 2 embies you've got on board. FX!
I'm so sorry about those embies. Don't stress about whether you're feeling positive or not and the effect your attitude will have on these two. All of that is out of your control and doesn't make a difference, anyway. I was at my most negative during the 2ww of my BFP cycle, and I'm sure you can find many similar stories out there.
Awww, Cort, I'm so sorry that it didn't go as well as you had hoped! I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that at least one of the embies you put back snuggles in good and tight!
Cort, I'm so sorry that none of the other embryos made it to freeze!! But you still have a great chance with your two you have right now. Don't lose hope--you just will those little buggers to snuggle in nice and tight!! I will be thinking of you and hoping hoping hoping that you are getting a BFP a week from now.
I'm sorry that none made it to freeze. Your situation reminds me so much of mine. Seriously, we transfered one lower celled blast, one morula, and nothing made it to freeze.
Here's my depressing post about it:
http://frustratedemmy.blogspot.com/2010/07/hope.html
I'm sorry none made it to freeze, but think positively of the two embies snuggling down right now.
I'm so sorry none made it to freeze, Cortney. I know you are upset :( But everyone is right - there are two very healthy embies that are in the BEST place for growth right now - YOU. I hope they stick and you get that BFP in a a matter of days!!!
I'm so sorry that your embies didn't make it to the freezer. I'll keep hoping and praying for the two precious embies that they were able to transfer.
Oh Corteny, honey I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel as this happened to me last cycle too - I went from 14 on Day 3 to arriving at the clinic on transfer day to find out we had one good blasty to replace but none to freeze as they just weren't good enough. And like you are describing, I fell apart. I forgot about the one great blasty I DID have onboard and all I could think was that I had no back up. And it destroyed me. I know it is so incredibly hard but looking back I really wish I had put those thoughts aside and really put all my energy into nurturing the one I DID have. I hope you can get past this and keep some positive thoughts for your 2WW. I'm here if you want to talk - you can contact me personally at mummyinwaiting(at)gmail.com
((((BIG HUG)))) Kia Kaha (Stay Strong!) xox
I know the darkness can creep in all too easily. Try, try as much as you can to keep it at bay for those two inside you right now. I am sorry that your others did not make it to freeze. I am sending all of my positive thoughts to you.
It can happen.
I'm thinking positive thoughts for you, Cort!! Tons of hugs for you and DH :)
I'm still holding out hope for you, I'm sorry that the embies you had left didn't make it to freeze, but all is not lost!
Post a Comment