Thursday, October 14, 2010

8dp5dt

I never thought I would say this, but I will be happy to head back to work this weekend. I have been going stir-crazy at home for the past 2 weeks. Sure, there are projects I could be working on (cleaning, mostly) but instead I just hang out all day, over-analyzing every IPS.

I did have acupuncture yesterday and she said my pulses felt "really good". I've heard people talk about acupuncturists who tell them they are pg even before a BFP, so I'm trying to take that as a good sign. Of course, she did say that the hormone supplements could be throwing that off, but I'm choosing to focus on the positive part of it. How unlike me, I know.

I think I'm probably going to break down and POAS tomorrow morning. This not knowing is driving me crazy and while I know it may be a little early, 9dp5dt sounds like it should be pretty reliable. I have to go for a blood draw tomorrow, too (I'm guessing beta and progesterone), plus I'm volunteering in the afternoon at the expo for the local marathon. If there's even a chance of a BFP, I'm going to tell them that I can't do any lifting or be on my feet the whole time.

My IPS have continued to come and go. Yesterday and today I have been pretty darn nauseated. Not enough to stop me from eating, but a bit queasy intermittently throughout the day. I woke up with a killer headache on Tuesday which continued all day yesterday. It felt pretty sinus-y (did I just make up a word?) but I wasn't feeling drippy or congested. At acupuncture, she reminded me that progesterone can have an inflammatory effect on the sinuses, so she did some points for that. Mostly I have just been feeling very emotional and weepy at the smallest things.

Like this morning, the same girl who posted Monday's awesome FB status update, posted something about how she hates that her friends without kids give her crap about not having time. I got quite upset, started tearing up, and promptly replied that it's because we always get comments on how we should appreciate not having kids, how we don't know what busy is since we don't have kids, and how those comments are OK and that I would gladly trade places and take care of her 2 beautiful children. When I calmed down a bit, I deleted my reply because we are not FB-public with our IF struggle and I didn't want our families to find out that way. To her credit, she promptly "chatted" with me to ask if I was ok. I explained the situation and why her posts have upset me. Then I started to get all misty-eyed when she offered support and prayers--man, I'll cry over anything today!

1 comment:

Karissa said...

I know who you're talking about.. and believe me that is so insensitive of people who have no idea what it's like to struggle. I am so sorry.

I will say that it's probably a good sign you're so emotional.. please be sure to update us tomorrow..!!!

Karissa