Friday, October 1, 2010

Egg Retrieval

Just a quick update as I'm still feeling a little groggy from the meds this morning.

Everything went very smoothly. We got to the office right on time (not bad, seeing as it's 80+ miles one way) and were taken back pretty quickly by the anesthesiologist. After a quick review of my chart, I traded him a check for my flimsy gown. Once I was wearing what little there was of it, I headed down the hall to the retrieval room. He got my IV started on the first try (with just a little digging) and gave me some pain meds. Minutes later, the doctor came in and then the anesthesiologist gave me the sedation--night, night!

I woke up and walked back to the original room to recover for a bit. The embryologist came in to let me know that they got 14 eggs!!! They will call me in the morning to let me know how many were mature, how many fertilized, etc. I felt pretty awake right away, just fuzzy from the meds. I drank my juice without getting sick, so I was good to go home. We stopped for lunch on the way home and now I'm just going to chill out for the day. I'm spotting a little, which they said to expect, but so far the pain is no worse than some pretty decent menstrual cramps. Let's hope it stays that way!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

14 is good news. Rest up!

Anne said...

That is the first post you have done in weeks that I actually understood!

I'm rooting for you.

Gurlee said...

You make it look easy! 14, woo- hoo! Looking foward to the fert report!!!

Arwhen said...

That sounds very promising! 14 sounds plenty - I hope there are lots of mature ones that will take to fertilising! Can't wait to hear the next update.

Ruth said...

14 sounds great!! I'm so excited for you!

First and Only said...

Way to go! I hope everything goes as smoothly from here on!